Relocation is a stressful and complex situation many people face (I know, I’ve moved for both the military and civilian jobs). We get homeowners around Savannah calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Savannah“. The great thing is that we’re able to help many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Savannah Georgia right now!).
There’s a ton of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but whatever the reason, the need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
A huge expense that not many people think about is having to pay a mortgage on a house you aren’t living in anymore. You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive quickly, and in many situations it is preventable.
Although the Savannah market is relatively stable right now, things can change drastically in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of years of people having a terrible experience moving because they didn’t sell their house. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Savannah Georgia house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Savannah… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no-cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may sell for in the current market, you can move on to the next step.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling as early possible so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait and every month that it takes to sell the house costs you money. If you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all-cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our house for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget, is to determine how much it will cost you while you wait to sell your house. Those “holding costs” involved could include the mortgage, insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes are $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600 per month! If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyer’s agent and 3% for the seller’s agent). That equals $23,200 out of YOUR pocket. That doesn’t even account for your time, your stress, and all the things you could have used that money for during those 7 months. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold your house below the retail price (let’s say… $175,000), you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW to a home buyer like us vs. 7 months later at full price.
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Savannah Georgia agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by listing it at a high price with a real estate agent. There’s always a chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
In reality, most properties are pretty average and are not like the houses you see on HGTV. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
Of course, you can also list your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see all your options. Sometimes it does make sense to rent your old house out, other times it doesn’t make sense to be a long-distance landlord.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying. In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments, or conduct a short sale with a bank.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be and we love helping people solve complicated problems.
Who Is Cash Homes Savannah And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Savannah?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Savannah homeowners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
We’re passionate people, and we believe in the Savannah community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Savannah real estate, so please feel free to call us at (912) 421-0714 and chat with us anytime.